Mill Services Ltd
Registered office –
Rowde Hill Cottage
Registered in England and Wales
Company registration number –
VAT number –
236 7994 57
This policy is updated from time to time. The latest version is published on this page.
If you have any questions about this policy, please email email@example.com or write to: Mill Services Ltd, Rowde Hill Cottage, Berhills Lane, Rowde, Devizes SN10 1ST
Many of our services are confidential and involve our customers sensitive or private data. We also have access to administrative passwords for customer systems and have very strict controls in place to maintain both our own and our customers information and privacy. Because of this we are careful how we manage privacy, we restrict what we gather to the minimum we need in order to provide our services or promote our websites. We tightly control what we share and in most cases will never give information to 3rd party organisations unless forced to do so by law enforcement organisations. However this will only be done in exceptional circumstances and where a court order is obtained to compel us to do so.
We may gather and use certain information about individuals in order to provide products and services and to enable certain functions on this website.
We may also collect information to better understand how visitors use this website and to present timely, relevant information to them.
What data we gather
We may collect the following information:
• Name and job title
• Contact information including email address
• Demographic information, such as postcode, preferences and interests
• Website usage data
• Other information relevant to client enquiries
• Other information pertaining to special offers and surveys
How we use this data
Collecting this data helps us understand what you are looking from the company, enabling us to deliver improved products and services.
Specifically, we may use data:
• For our own internal records.
• To improve the products and services we provide.
• To contact you in response to a specific enquiry.
• To customise the website for you.
• To send you promotional emails about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
• To send you promotional mailings or to call you about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
• To contact you via email, telephone or mail for market research reasons.
Cookies and how we use them
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
We are passionate about privacy, we don’t like being tracked and monitored so we assume you don’t either. Therefore we limit our cookie use to 1st party cookies only, we only use them for our own website performance monitoring and advertising links to our own facebook and Instagram pages.
We currently use the following cookies – as of 14-01-2020:
• _fbp – Facebook pixel – to monitor Facebook users use of our website and our own Facebook / Instagram pages, session cookie, expires today.
• cookieconsent_status – cookie consent plugin – to remember your clicking on our cookie declaration, valid for 12 months on your PC
• Google analytics & Bing Webmaster Tools – for details see below
We measure our website performance using Google Analytics and Bing Webmaster Tools. These services record what pages you view within our site, how you arrived at our site and some basic information about your computer. This usually includes browser type and whether it is a desktop, mobile device etc. We don’t know who you are; just that somebody visited the site. This information helps us understand what we’re doing right in terms of promoting our website, how people arrive at our site, what pages they visit etc. Like most websites, we use this information to try and make our website perform better for us.
You can learn more about Google Analytics or opt out if you wish here.
You can learn more about Bing or opt out here if you wish.
• Identify whether you are signed in to our website. A cookie allows us to check whether you are signed in to the site.
• Test content on our website. For example, 50% of our users might see one piece of content, the other 50% a different piece of content.
• Store information about your preferences. The website can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting.
• To recognise when you return to our website. We may show your relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
However, please note that doing this may affect how our website functions. Some pages and services may become unavailable to you.
To learn more about cookies and how they are used, visit cookiesandyou.com.
Controlling information about you
When you fill in a form or provide your details on our website, you will see one or more tick boxes allowing you to:
• Opt-in to receive marketing communications from us by email, telephone, text message or post.
We will not share your information with any other third party to allow you to receive marketing communications from third-party partners by email, telephone, text message or post.
If you have agreed that we can use your information for marketing purposes, you can change your mind easily, via one of these methods:
• Sign in to our website and change your opt-in settings.
• Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Write to us at the registered company address above.
We will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties. The only exception to this is if we are compelled to release information by a law enforcement agency with a court order compelling us to do so.
Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our data protection policy, in line with the General Data Protection Regulations.
You may request information about any personal data we hold about you, or ask us to correct or delete that information. We will complete or respond to this request within 30 days of the initial request. Please contact us using the methods explained in this policy and we will consider your request in accordance with applicable laws.
Our website and its services are not designed for or intended to attract children under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personal data from children. If we become aware that we have been given personal data by or about a child we will delete that data from our systems. If as a parent or guardian you are aware that your child has submitted personal data to us please email email@example.com giving us details and we will remove that data from our systems.
We will always hold your information securely.
To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong physical and electronic security safeguards.
We also follow stringent procedures to ensure we work with all personal data in line with the General Data Protection Regulations.
However, no method of transmitting or storing data is completely secure, if you have a security related concern, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone on 01380 717450
Links from our site
Our website may contain links to other websites.
Please note that we have no control of websites outside the mill-services.co.uk domain. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and/or privacy.
Always be wary when submitting data to websites. Read the site’s data protection and privacy policies fully.